Senior Women’s Rugby Head Coach |
Toronto Nomads Rugby Club
The Nomads Senior Women’s team is currently searching for a head coach for the 2016 season. The Toronto Nomads are one of six Toronto rugby clubs who founded the Toronto Rugby Union (TRU) and Ontario Rugby Union (ORU) in 1950. The club is comprised of senior rugby teams: three men’s, one women’s; and junior rugby teams: U19s, U18s, U16s, U14s and U12s. The Toronto Nomads train in downtown Toronto, and home rugby games are hosted at Fletchers Fields.
The senior women’s team(s) currently play in the Toronto Rugby Union and have athletes ranging from the beginner level to the national level.
Reporting to the Director of Women’s Rugby the Head Coach will deliver results and create a framework for long term rugby success. The ideal candidate is looking for a project that extends beyond a single season and understands the value of longer term coach-player relationships.
Key Skills/ Attributes
Create a clear statement of intent to include:
- Coaching philosophy
- Goals and team vision
- Season plan
- Prioritize player safety and welfare
- Create a culture of accountability through clear and equitable communication.
- Manage working relationships both within the team and throughout the club.
- Effectively manage personnel challenges in a timely manner.
- Creates an organizational structure with key personnel able to assist when needed.
- Develop and document a training plan for the season
- Deliver well-structured practice sessions that develop both individual and unit skills
- Shares technical knowledge in an understandable and applicable manner
- Utilize outside resources to add technical/ tactical value to the coaching when appropriate
- Clearly communicate development expectations and provide timely feedback to all players throughout the season
- Select the team for each game and communicate to the group by Thursday prior to a Saturday game
- Travel with the team to both home and away games throughout the season
- Model the Nomad values and standards throughout all games
- Effectively manage game time operations and work closely with the Director of Rugby to ensure efficient logistics throughout the day.
Preference will be given to those with:
- Experience coaching multiple skill levels within the same practice
- The ability to think creatively and adapt to changing situations
- Level 1 NCCP coaching certification or 5+ years combined playing and coaching experience
***Please note that this is a part-time position that is paid an honorarium***
To apply, please send the following items to the Toronto Nomads Senior Women’s Director, Natalie Rosecky, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brief description of coaching style
- Outline of season overview and one sample practice plan