<![CDATA[25 Nomads Juniors, aged between 13 and 17, and 15 non players including coaches, parents and siblings are presently touring New Zealand.
Highlights of the first 10 days of the tour included:
- Attending the 3rd test between England and the All Blacks at Waikato Stadium Hamilton
- Training sessions with East Coast Bays Rugby Club and North Harbour, Auckland and Wellington Rugby Union coaches.
- Fitness test and training with Sports & Rugby Institute coaches
- Attending the Hurricanes vs Crusaders Super Rugby game at Westpac Stadium, Wellington
- Games against Rangitoto College, Auckland and St. Patrick’s College, Wellington. Both games were lost by large margins but many important rugby lessons were gained in the process.
- Visiting Hobbiton, Rotorua, The NZ Rugby Museum and Te Papa (the National museum)
- Learning the haka (watch for a performance on Nomads Day!)
The tour concludes with 5 days in Christchurch including a game vs Lincoln Rugby Club, the Crusaders vs Blues Super XV game and a jet boat ride.]]>